Thursday 15 August 2013

Athlete's Profile (10)

ATHLETE'S PROFILE (10)

Gina Paletta

CLUB: Wrexham AC/ University of Portland (Oregon)

AGE AND D.O.B.: 22 (30.8.1990)

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN COMPETING: Since I was eight years old, but am new to roads and track as my focus was on the mountains

ANY OTHER SPORTS PLAYED: I used to surf

OTHER HOBBIES OR INTERESTS: Travel, blogging and writing

FAVOURITE RACING DISTANCE: 10k but am looking to move up distances soon and eventually to run marathons

FAVOURITE RACE AND WHY: I love going to the Snowdon race each year when home to catch up with other runners and see competitors support each other

FAVOURITE TRAINING SESSION: The long run

PROUDEST MOMENT: Winning the Welsh trial after two fractures to the spine to qualify for the world champs in 2008 (I came 5th eventually), and seeing Mum soaked at the finish.

ANER PERSONAL AMBITIONS: To start on the elite start line at some big-city marathons

ANY REGRETS: No regrets, just lessons that I can learn from

ANY EMBARRASSING EXPERIENCES: Probably, but can't think of anything specific

WHAT CHANGES (IF ANY) WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE SPORT: I would like the sport not to be so 'elitist'.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment